These fancy sparkling champagne jelly shots are the perfect way to celebrate a cocktail party, bachelorette, New Years Eve, Friday Eve or any celebration! A ‘classy’ take on a uni party jelly shot (we’ve all had them – and loved them) and a little more elevated in style.
We use the term “champagne” as a blanket statement to cover any sparkling wine or Prosecco. With that in mind we suggest using the less expensive options. As this recipe calls for adding sugar to the plain gelatine, use a Brut or extra dry bubbly. Anything else can render these too sweet.
- 1 box plain gelatin (4 packets) + 2 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups Brut sparkling wine, Champagne or Prosecco
- 1 cup soda water
- 3 tablespoons Chambord liqueur
- Prepare gelatin according to package directions, using the 2 cups of water
- Pour mixture into a mixing bowl, over the sugar, stirring to dissolve sugar
- Let cool until warm to touch and add sparkling wine, soda water, and liqueur; stir to combine
- Pour mixture into an 28 x 30cm baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or over night, until set
- Once set, cut jelly into bite-sized squares and serve
- Pour mixture into silicone moulds for a more interesting and fun shape
- Serve in a cocktail glass and garnish with fruit, fresh mint and / or a little gold leaf (ohhh fancy!)
- Create a jelly station for your next event and display for self service