Spooky and cute.. we’re in love with these gingerbread skeletons.
Whip em’ up for Halloween, Day of the Dead, pirate and goth themed events.
45g softened butter
75g soft brown sugar
60g golden syrup
1 egg yolk
170g plain flour
2 tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp mixed spice
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
A pinch of salt
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips (melted)
for decorating or white frosting if you prefer
- Preheat the oven to 160 Degrees Celsius (fan bake). Line a large baking tray with non-stick paper.
- Add the butter and sugar into a bowl and mix until light and fluffy using a hand whisk. Add the syrup and egg yolk and whisk again. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until the mixture comes together. Knead into a ball.
- Roll out on a floured work surface. Cut out 12 skeletons using a gingerbread cutter. Place onto the baking sheet. Chill for 20 minutes then bake for 15 to 18 minutes until lightly golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- To decorate, melt your white chocolate and create smooth consistency. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a small round nozzle. Pipe white lines onto the cookies to make the bones on the skeleton.
- Leave to set for 20 minutes.